Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Puerto Rico!

The trip started perfectly - Delta didn't charge me for my bike which saved me $150! More money for rum!! :) My plane arrived early into San Juan and by the time I walked to baggage pickup, my bike and my bags were already on the carousel - unbelievable! Crissy and Joe (Jose's parents) picked me up and we headed to the boat... home for the next week except for the two nights we'll be on the ride.

This morning Jose and Savannah introduced me to the self serve coffee machine in the club house - DELICIOUS cappuccino!! We then got our bikes unpacked and put together, went to breakfast, wandered around Old San Juan, and then went for a swim off the boat. Now it's a little bit of down time before we go sample a pina colada from the place where pina coladas were invented and then we're have dinner with Crissy's family - looking forward to a big Puerto Rican family dinner!! Tomorrow is our warm up ride - a bike tour of San Juan.

No comments: